This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.1247 / 50°7'28"N
Longitude: -5.6788 / 5°40'43"W
OS Eastings: 137150
OS Northings: 31440
OS Grid: SW371314
Mapcode National: GBR DXCC.1KV
Mapcode Global: VH05F.J457
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Just
Listing Date: 26 April 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1159637
English Heritage Legacy ID: 69189
Location: St. Just, Cornwall, TR19
Civil Parish: St. Just
Built-Up Area: St Just
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Just-in-Penwith
Church of England Diocese: Truro
1589 CHURCH STREET
Parish Church of
SW 33 SW 2/1 26.4.50.
Mainly C15 with remains of C14 work. Built of regular granite blocks. Comprising
nave, chancel, north and south aisles under one roof, west tower of 3 stages without
buttresses, south porch with battlements and pinnacles. Interior with 6 bay north
and south arcades, with limestone shafts and carved capitals. Perpendicular aisle
windows. 2 remaining much restored C15 wall paintings on north wall of aisle,
the others were destroyed during the drastic restoration of 1866 and the interior
now has exposed random rubble walls. Stone in north aisle C5 to C16 with inscription
SELUS IC IAC IT, found near Oratory of St Helen, Cape Cornwall. Cross shaft in
Church of St Just, Churchyard wall and No 4 form a group with King's Arms Hotel
and No 6 Market Square.
Listing NGR: SW3715031440
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings