History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Treslothan House

A Grade II Listed Building in Camborne, Cornwall

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.1938 / 50°11'37"N

Longitude: -5.2922 / 5°17'31"W

OS Eastings: 165119

OS Northings: 37830

OS Grid: SW651378

Mapcode National: GBR FX95.JMT

Mapcode Global: VH12Q.7D28

Entry Name: Treslothan House

Listing Date: 12 September 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1160093

English Heritage Legacy ID: 66645

Location: Camborne, Cornwall, TR14

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Camborne

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Treslothan

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Camborne

Listing Text

CAMBORNE TRESLOTHAN
SW 63 NE
8/97 Treslothan House
GV II

Vicarage, now private dwelling. 1843, by George Wightwick of Plymouth for
the Pendarves estate. Snecked granite with quoins, slate roof. Irregular
rectangular plan. Tudor style, with mullioned windows under hoodmoulds,
steeply pitched roofs, gable copings with kneelers, and chimneys with tall
coupled octagonal flues. Two storeys; asymetrical entrance facade to the
road (architecturally the rear) of approx. 3 bays has gabled porch offset
right of centre, with 2-centred arched outer and inner doorways, above
this a small gableted dormer with a single arched light, the bay to the
left of the porch treated as a gabled wing, with an external chimney
stack, and to the right of the porch a 2-light window; set back at the left
end, a short service wing in similar style. The principal facade (to the
garden) is 3 units in length, the first treated as a gabled wing, breaking
forwards slightly, with a cross-window at ground floor and a 2-light
window above; to the right is a Tudor arched doorway with a recessed
door, and a 2-light window above; otherwise, the 2nd and 3rd bays each
have a cross-window at ground floor and a 2-light gableted half-dormer
above, treated as an oriel; and to the left of the 2nd of these a small 4-
pane window with chamfered surround; 2 chimneys on the ridge, one at the
left side wall and another at the right-hand gable. The west side wall in
matching style has inter alia a canted bay window. Interior not of special
interest. History: part of small model village built by E.W.W.Pendarves on
site of former hamlet of Treslothan.


Listing NGR: SW6511937830

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.