This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6402 / 51°38'24"N
Longitude: -0.7993 / 0°47'57"W
OS Eastings: 483188
OS Northings: 194170
OS Grid: SU831941
Mapcode National: GBR D52.2RP
Mapcode Global: VHDW4.31BG
Entry Name: Temple of the Four Winds West Wycombe Park
Listing Date: 9 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160544
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46159
Location: West Wycombe, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP14
Civil Parish: West Wycombe
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: West Wycombe
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
Temple of the Four
Winds, West Wycombe
SU 8394 10/7 9.1.54.
C18. Tall 3 storey tower, octagonal plan. Flint rubble on red brick base,
stucco panels; hipped old tiled roof with ball finial. 2 flights of steps
converging up to south doorway; ashlar doorway to north terrace supported
on red brick arch faced with flint rubble, side arches and obelisks. Arched
window to east and west on first floor; small rectangular windows to each
elevation of second floor.
Listing NGR: SU8318894170
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings