This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.7424 / 53°44'32"N
Longitude: -0.201 / 0°12'3"W
OS Eastings: 518747
OS Northings: 428840
OS Grid: TA187288
Mapcode National: GBR WT15.95
Mapcode Global: WHHGY.W6HB
Entry Name: Ivy House
Listing Date: 10 November 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1160997
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166399
Location: Hedon, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU12
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Hedon
Built-Up Area: Hedon
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Hedon St Augustine
Church of England Diocese: York
TA 1828 NE 1/11 10.11.78.
Early C19. Brown brick. Pitched pantile roof. Coped gables on cut ashlar
kneelers. Two storeys. Three sashes with glazing bars on 1st floor. Two
canted bays on ground floor. Door with 6 fielded panels, dentilled transom,
oblong fanlight with glazing bars, in moulded wooden frame with modillioned
cornice. One-storey wing to rear: pitched and sprocketed pantile roof on cut
Interior has Regency staircase, with balustrade curling spirally around newel.
Two early C19 marble chimneypieces in ground floor rooms.
The house was probably built by James Iveson, Mayor of Hedon, and member of
the family who built New Hall, since he lived here from 1807. He collected
the sculpture in the garden. It was subsequently the home of G R Park, the
Listing NGR: TA1874728840
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings