This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0299 / 52°1'47"N
Longitude: -0.7232 / 0°43'23"W
OS Eastings: 487688
OS Northings: 237596
OS Grid: SP876375
Mapcode National: GBR D0B.PZ9
Mapcode Global: VHDT7.F70R
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 17 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161141
English Heritage Legacy ID: 45937
Location: Old Woughton, Milton Keynes, MK6
County: Milton Keynes
Civil Parish: Old Woughton
Built-Up Area: Milton Keynes
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Woughton
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 83 NE WOUGHTON ON THE GREEN NEWPORT ROAD
4/151 Church of St. Mary
Parish Church, C13 C14 and C15, restored Cl9. Coursed limestone.
Lead and slate roofs, tiles to chancel and S porch. Embattled C15 west
tower of 3 stages, C13/14 nave and aisle and C19 porch. Restored chancel.
Traceried windows, C19 E. window. C14 S. doorway. Interior Single
arcade of 4 bays with piers of clustered shafts and plain moulded capitals.
Plain chancel arch; ogee headed tomb recess with recumbent effigy, probably
C14. In S. aisle the rood stairs with upper and lower doors, the latter
with carved decoration above. C14 piscina. Font is C13, tub shaped.
Monument on S. chancel wall to Martha James 1746, a panel with flanking
corinthian pilasters and side scrolls, cornice broken forward over
pilasters and segmental pediment with central urn. Apron of scrolls
with cartouche of arms supported on cherub's head.
RCHM II p.346. MON.1.
Listing NGR: SP8768837596
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings