This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3227 / 52°19'21"N
Longitude: -0.0754 / 0°4'31"W
OS Eastings: 531266
OS Northings: 271145
OS Grid: TL312711
Mapcode National: GBR K4B.CRY
Mapcode Global: VHGLY.NW08
Entry Name: The Bridge
Listing Date: 29 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1161421
English Heritage Legacy ID: 53331
Location: St. Ives, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE27
Civil Parish: Saint Ives
Built-Up Area: St Ives
Traditional County: Huntingdonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Hemingford Grey St James
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 3171 1/2 29.9.51 The Bridge
Circa 1415-26 replacing a wooden bridge of 1110. Barnach ashlar with
brick parapet of circa 1716. 6 arches on piers with pointed cutwaters
carried up to the parapets to form refuges. 4 original northern
arches are pointed but the 2 semi-circular southern ones were rebuilt
in 1716, replacing a Civil War drawbridge over the southernmost span.
Listing NGR: TL3126671145
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings