This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.0975 / 52°5'51"N
Longitude: 0.2802 / 0°16'48"E
OS Eastings: 556287
OS Northings: 246804
OS Grid: TL562468
Mapcode National: GBR MB5.KN5
Mapcode Global: VHHKR.SJZX
Plus Code: 9F4237XJ+23
Entry Name: 74, High Street
Listing Date: 30 September 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1162690
English Heritage Legacy ID: 51975
Location: Linton, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB21
Civil Parish: Linton
Built-Up Area: Linton
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Linton St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 5646 LINTON HIGH STREET
16/161 No. 74
House, formerly a house and butcher's shop. Late C15 with late C17 and late
C19 alterations. Timber-framed and plastered; C19 painted gault brick.
Plain tiled roofs. C17 red brick ridge stack to right of centre. Two
storeys; original hall house with cross wings raised to two storeys in late
C17 with chimney stack inserted into hall. Cross wing to west extended at
the same time to south linking main range to C16 industrial building,
inserting two chimney stacks and converting part of the building to kitchen
and service rooms. East wing extended to south in C19 for staircase, passage
cut through main stack to entrance, and alterations made for a shop with
single storey flat roofed extension between the wings; large three-light
shop window flanked by glazed-panelled house and shop doors and two
sixteen-paned hung sash windows. Four first floor twelve-paned hung sash
windows. Late C19 brick facing to C17 cartway to left hand with double
boarded doors and segmental brick arch and twelve-paned hung sash window
above. Fire rings attached to cornice in rear elevation. Interior: Late
C17 cornice and chimney piece to first floor room. Crown post roof to east
cross wing, exposed timber-frame and floor frame. C16 industrial building
originally with two two-bayed barns flanking two floored central bays, with
side purlin wind braced roof, was possibly used for coopering.
Millicent, R Map of Linton, 1600. Pembroke College
Wherry, G W Fire Hooks and Rings, Vol. XII, p235 P.C.A.S.
R.C.H.M. Report 1951
Listing NGR: TL5628746804
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings