This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3894 / 52°23'21"N
Longitude: 0.1283 / 0°7'41"E
OS Eastings: 544929
OS Northings: 278947
OS Grid: TL449789
Mapcode National: GBR L55.38P
Mapcode Global: VHHJB.56PN
Plus Code: 9F4294QH+Q8
Entry Name: Rectory Farmhouse
Listing Date: 18 August 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1163026
English Heritage Legacy ID: 49573
Location: Sutton, East Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB6
Civil Parish: Sutton
Built-Up Area: Sutton
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Sutton St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Ely
TL 4478 SUTTON STATION ROAD
17/43 Rectory Farmhouse
House. Mid C17 in origin, but mostly early C18 with part at west end early
C19. Some mid-late C20 repairs and alterations. Red brick, Flemish bond
rendered at east end. Plain tiled roof, originally mansard. Ridge stack of
C19 gault brick to two diagonally set shafts replacing the mid C17 stacks.
Two storeys and attic. The attic has been removed. Plat band between the
storeys. Two first floor 12 pane hung sashes and one blocked window opening.
Segmental arches to one twelve pane hung sash and two blocked window openings.
The west end is c1800. The first floor was rebuilt mid-late C10. Ground
floor of gault brick has the c.1800 doorway with original architrave and
panelled door. Modern bay window.
Listing NGR: TL4492978947
Other nearby listed buildings