This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.934 / 53°56'2"N
Longitude: -2.3609 / 2°21'39"W
OS Eastings: 376399
OS Northings: 448718
OS Grid: SD763487
Mapcode National: GBR CQYY.NH
Mapcode Global: WH964.PCYY
Plus Code: 9C5VWJMQ+JJ
Entry Name: Higher Heights Farmhouse and Farm Buildings in Same Range
Listing Date: 16 November 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1163344
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183235
Location: Bolton-by-Bowland, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7
Civil Parish: Bolton-by-Bowland
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Bolton by Bowland St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 763 486 BOLTON-BY-BOWLAND
SD 74 NE
7/63 Higher Heights Farmhouse and
farm buildings in same range
House, c.1700 with farm buildings possibly early C19th. Pebbledashed
rubble with sandstone dressings and stone slate roof. 2 storeys with
central 2-storey gabled porch. To the left of the porch there is a
double-chamfered window surround on each floor, with no mullions
remaining. To the right there is a double-chamfered mullioned window
on each floor. The ground floor one has been heightened and has 2
mullions remaining. That on the 1st floor is of 3 lights. The 1st
floor of the porch oversails on a string and has a window with outer
architrave and inner chamfer, with 3 lower lights and 2 upper, the
central lower light having a semi-circular head. The door has an
architrave. Left-hand end chimney. To the left is a former stable with
2 wide entrances with semi-circular heads, the left-hand one now blocked.
Above are a pitching hole and a door, both with plain stone surrounds. The
roof is hipped at the left. To the right of the house is a barn and shippon
or stable, having two doors with plain stone surrounds towards the left.
Between them at an intermediate level is a sashed window with glazing bars
and plain stone surround. Above the right-hand door is a round pitching
hole with plain stone surround, with a square pitching hole to its left.
To the right is a wide entrance with dressed stone jambs and steel lintel.
Set back to the right are a door and a window with plain reveals. The
right-hand gable has a coping with kneelers.
Listing NGR: SD7639948718
Other nearby listed buildings