This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.0153 / 54°0'55"N
Longitude: -2.8609 / 2°51'39"W
OS Eastings: 343686
OS Northings: 458044
OS Grid: SD436580
Mapcode National: GBR 8QG0.FC
Mapcode Global: WH84D.0BYM
Entry Name: North Farmhouse
Listing Date: 2 May 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164354
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182201
Location: Overton, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA3
Civil Parish: Overton
Built-Up Area: Overton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Overton St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 45 NW OVERTON MAIN STREET
7/136 No. 5 (North Farmhouse)
House, 1674, altered. Sandstone rubble with slate roof. 2-cell plan. 2
storeys with attic, 3 bays. Windows sashed with rock-faced stone surrounds.
One-light rebated and chamfered fire window at left. Door, in central bay,
has chamfered surround with shaped lintel inscribed: RH EH TH 1674'. End
chimneys. Change in stonework suggests that eaves have been raised, probably
when thatch was replaced by slate. Right-hand gable wall has 2 chamfered
attic windows, a blocked 1st floor window, and an altered window with rebated
and chamfered surround.
Listing NGR: SD4366958007
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings