This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 54.1791 / 54°10'44"N
Longitude: -2.5895 / 2°35'22"W
OS Eastings: 361621
OS Northings: 476080
OS Grid: SD616760
Mapcode National: GBR BNC3.5P
Mapcode Global: WH94W.6753
Entry Name: Johnson House and Farm Buildings in Same Range
Listing Date: 4 October 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164376
English Heritage Legacy ID: 182330
Location: Burrow-with-Burrow, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA6
Civil Parish: Burrow-with-Burrow
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Tunstall St John the Baptist and Melling St Wilfred and Leck St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD 67 NW
2/36 Johnson House and farm buildings
4-10-1967 in same range
House, 1680, and later farm buildings. Slobbered sandstone rubble with
slate roof. 2 storeys with attic. Original house of one bay on each side
of 2-storey porch, subsequently extended to left and eaves level raised.
Bay to left of porch has 2-light flat-faced mullioned windows with plain
stone surrounds. The bay to the right of the porch has rebated and
chamfered mullioned windows of 4 and one light on the ground floor, under
a drip corse, and a similar 3-light window with a hood on the 1st floor.
An atic window has plain reveals and a horizontal sliding sash with
glazing bars. The porch, now with a catslide roof, has a 6-light rebated
and chamfered mullioned and transomed 1st flor window. A drip course
rises over the door, which has a moulded surround and a battlemented
lintel inscribed: 'ITS l68O'. The extension to the left has 2 ground-floor
windows with plain reveals, and a re-set 3-light mullioned window on the
1st floor. The farm building to the right has a front wall which is blank
apart from a window with glazing bars and plain stone surround. Chimneys
to each side of original house and to left of 1st floor window of
left-hand extension. Inside, there are some chamfered and stopped main
joists, a spice cupboard door inscribed 'ITE', and some turned balusters
remaining to the attic stair.
Listing NGR: SD6162176080
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings