This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.4745 / 50°28'28"N
Longitude: -3.632 / 3°37'55"W
OS Eastings: 284292
OS Northings: 65122
OS Grid: SX842651
Mapcode National: GBR QQ.3GKC
Mapcode Global: FRA 378S.YPK
Entry Name: Combefishacre House
Listing Date: 23 August 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1164666
English Heritage Legacy ID: 84819
Location: Ipplepen, Teignbridge, Devon, TQ12
Civil Parish: Ipplepen
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Ipplepen with Torbryan
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 86 NW IPPLEPEN
2/112 Combefishacre House
Large house. Circa 1830. Stucco walls. 4 stucco brick stacks, one gable end one
at rear, 2 axial ones and one lateral stack at rear. Hipped slate roof with wide
overhanging eaves supported on brackets.
Double depth but internally complex plan, unaltered : The house is entered at centre
of front through a small hall with a small heated room opening out of it to the
left. Through the entrance hall a large stair hall is is reached which forms the
central core to the house. To its right are the 2 large principal rooms which
overlook the garden. At the rear of the stairhall is the service range which
projects in a slight wing to the left.
2 storeys with cellar. Symmetrical 3-window entrance front with central door.
Original 12 pane hornless sashes, on ground floor are tall 15-pane sashes. Wide
Adam style doorway with original double panelled doors of which the bottom panel is
fluted; narrow light to either side of flanking pilasters; fanlight above has
ornate radial glazing bars. 4 Doric style giant pilasters, either side of the
windows, also at either end of side walls. Symmetrical 3-sash window garden front
Interior is very unaltered. On ground floor all original 6 moulded panel doors
survive, some with projecting architraves. All the principal rooms have panelled
shutters and a simple moulded cornice and ceiling band. The entrance hall has a
plaster ceiling of a circular design, the border of which is a decorative running
leaf pattern. At the top of each wall is a blind arch which springs from moulded
plaster imposts. The small heated room and rear principal room have probably
original chimney-pieces in Ashburton marble with reeded pilasters and lintels and
roundels in the corners. Later more ornate marble chimney-piece to front principal
room. Cantilevered staircase has turned newels, curtail step and stick balusters
and rises to a balustraded landing on first floor. It has a stair lantern above.
Listing NGR: SX8429265122
Other nearby listed buildings