History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Alwalton, Cambridgeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5508 / 52°33'2"N

Longitude: -0.3293 / 0°19'45"W

OS Eastings: 513374

OS Northings: 296079

OS Grid: TL133960

Mapcode National: GBR GYN.1JT

Mapcode Global: VHGKV.74RX

Entry Name: The Rectory

Listing Date: 16 November 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1164709

English Heritage Legacy ID: 54830

Location: Alwalton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE7

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire

Civil Parish: Alwalton

Built-Up Area: Peterborough

Traditional County: Huntingdonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Alwalton

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Alwalton

Listing Text

ALWALTON WATER END
TL 19 NW
(West Side)
2/22 The Rectory
GV II
House, formerly the rectory. Dated gate pier '1848'. Ashlar and coursed
limestone rubble with ashlar and freestone dressings. Low pitched hipped
Welsh slated roofs. Two symmetrical ashlar stacks and rear stacks. Two
storeys. Main north-south range with service wing to north-east and main
entrance to south in angle. Garden facade of three bays with giant pilasters
and double horizontal bands at cill and lintel heights. Deep moulded wooden
eaves cornice and boarded eaves. Moulded stone architraves to three similar
garden casements with margin lights and with louvred shutters, and three
recessed first floor nine-paned hung sash windows with pilastered jambs. Half
bay extension to right hand with moulded cornice to plain parapet, extension
to left hand modern. Porch to south with round headed outer archway and
triangular pediment with reeded console brackets. Inner glazed, panelled
door. 'Specification for erecting house and offices as a rectory 1833',and notes of
alterations made by rectors Wm Pain, Medforth and Milnes from 1905-1935'
(Inskip Ladds Collection, Norris Museum, St Ives).


Listing NGR: TL1337496079

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.