This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.6524 / 51°39'8"N
Longitude: 0.1402 / 0°8'24"E
OS Eastings: 548151
OS Northings: 197018
OS Grid: TQ481970
Mapcode National: GBR QQ.J0R
Mapcode Global: VHHMT.CQYL
Entry Name: Lambourne Place
Listing Date: 27 August 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1165788
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118658
Location: Lambourne, Epping Forest, Essex, RM4
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Lambourne
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Lambourne with Abridge
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 49 NE LAMBOURNE CHURCH LANE,
House of C17 origin, substantially altered in mid C18. Timber framed, plastered.
with front of red brick, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. Aligned approx.
N-S, aspect W, with C18 extension to rear. C19 service range to N. Central
entrance hall with internal chimney stack to N, 2 external chimney stacks on
S wall. 2 storeys with attics. Symmetrical brick front c.1740, rusticated
on ground floor, rusticated quoins, central section set slightly forwards with
rusticated pilasters and moulded open pediment. Ground floor, 6-panel door
in recessed porch with jambs and lintel panelled with egg-and-dart borders.
Wooden doorcase with open pediment, dentilled and enriched, on consoles. 3
double-hung sash windows each side, the inner 2 of 8 lights, the others of 12
lights, with flat arches of gauged brick, projecting voussoirs. String course
at first floor level. First floor, central Venetian group of double-hung sash
windows, 8 lights in the side windows, separated by rusticated piers. 2 windows
each side, as on ground floor. Moulded brick cornice, parapet concealing
dormers, one double-hung sash window of 6 lights in pediment. Some crown glass
in these windows. C18 stair with 3 balusters to each tread and scrolled tread
ends, C18 pine panelling stripped and varnished. No timber framing exposed.
The RCHM reported that the wooden doorcase was 'said to have come trod Dews
Hall in this parish'. It overlays rusticated brickwork. RCHM 4.
Listing NGR: TQ4719295420
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings