This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.3121 / 53°18'43"N
Longitude: -0.3813 / 0°22'52"W
OS Eastings: 507945
OS Northings: 380688
OS Grid: TF079806
Mapcode National: GBR TZS4.8D
Mapcode Global: WHGHW.30QN
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 30 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1166277
English Heritage Legacy ID: 197158
Location: Snelland, West Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN3
Civil Parish: Snelland
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Snelland All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 08 SE SNELLAND CHURCH LANE
4/33 Church of
31.11.66 All Saints
Parish church. C13, C14, 1863 restoration and rebuilding by
Edward Browning of Stamford. Squared limestone rubble with brick
patching, slate roofs with raised stone coped gables and
kneelers. Nave with western bellcote, chancel, north aisle,
vestry, south porch. The west end has a C19 2 light window with
above a gabled double bellcote. The west wall of the north aisle
has a single C19 trefoil headed light. The north wall of aisle
has one reused C14 3 light cusped ogee headed window and a C19
copy, both with flat lintels. The east window of vestry is a
reused C14 2 light opening with transomes and round arch over.
The east wall has a 2 light C19 window with quatrefoil over. The
south chancel wall has a single C19 light. The south wall of the
nave has 2 C14 3 light windows with cusped ogee heads to the
lights, flat lintels and hood moulds. The C19 gabled south porch
has a pointed outer arch and quatrefoil side lights. The C13
inner doorway is single chamfered with roll moulded hood.
Interior. The 3 bay C19 north arcade has double chamfered arches
without capitals but springing from carved corbels with human
head stops. The nave roof springs from C19 corbels with foliage
decoration. The double chamfered chancel arch springs from C19
human head corbels and in the chancel north wall is a single
chamfered door to vestry. Polychromatic tiled floors throughout.
The roofs are C19 throughout. Fittings are all 1863, but note
the remarkable font which stands on 3 annular shafts with collars
and has elaborate carved foliage to the octagonal bowl. On the
north wall of the aisle is a wooden shield shaped plaque bearing
a cast iron royal cypher of Queen Victoria.
Listing NGR: TF0794580688
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings