This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.0361 / 52°2'10"N
Longitude: -2.0068 / 2°0'24"W
OS Eastings: 399627
OS Northings: 237525
OS Grid: SO996375
Mapcode National: GBR 2KP.9FT
Mapcode Global: VHB15.52FX
Plus Code: 9C4V2XPV+F7
Entry Name: Old Manor Farmhouse
Listing Date: 30 July 1959
Last Amended: 2 December 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1167168
English Heritage Legacy ID: 148458
Location: Ashton under Hill, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11
Civil Parish: Ashton under Hill
Built-Up Area: Ashton under Hill
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Overbury with Teddington, Alstone and Little Washbourne with Beckford and Ashton-under-Hill
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
ASHTON UNDER HILL CP BECKFORD ROAD (west side)
SO 9837 - 9937
11/6 22/3A Old Manor Farmhouse
(formerly listed as
30-7-59 Lower Manor Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Dated 1638, altered early C19. Timber-framed with rendered infill
on rubble base, refaced to front with brick in a patterned Flemish bond of red
stretchers and yellow headers, and with some limestone rubble walling. Part
limestone tiled roof laid in diminishing courses and part plain tiled roof.
Ashlar stacks with moulded capping, the north end one dated 1638. Hall and
cross-wing plan; hall part is of three bays and a through-passage bay aligned
north/south with a large chimney backing onto the passage. The cross-wing,
situated at the north end, is of two bays and has a large external ashlar
chimney with offsets and moulded capping on its north side; the chimney is
dated 1638. Single storey and attic with dormers. Framing: collar and tie-
beam truss with two collars, three struts to lower collar, two to upper collar
and V-strut in apex at south gable end. East front elevation: hall part has
a 3-light C19 casement with a cambered head and an original 3-light stone
chamfered mullioned window on the ground floor and three pebbledashed gabled
dormers with 3-light C19 casements. The main entrance has a cambered stone
head with relief mouldings in spandrels, stone jambs inscribed with the Baldwyn
family initials and a C20 door. The cross-wing gable end has a ground floor
and attic window, both of which are 3-light C19 casements with cambered heads.
Attic light in south gable end. A rubble addition (probably a former dairy)
adjoins to rear left. The house was the former home of the Baldwyn family.
Interior: timber-framing exposed including original roof structure with collar
and tie-beam truss. Main rooms have stop-chamfered main ceiling beams and
joists. Doors off passageway have moulded architraves. Large fireplaces in
three main ground floor rooms.
Listing NGR: SO9962737525
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings