This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.1082 / 53°6'29"N
Longitude: -0.6776 / 0°40'39"W
OS Eastings: 488623
OS Northings: 357598
OS Grid: SK886575
Mapcode National: GBR DMR.3J4
Mapcode Global: WHGJP.K4KH
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 23 August 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1168219
English Heritage Legacy ID: 192430
Location: Stapleford, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN6
District: North Kesteven
Civil Parish: Stapleford
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: The Withamside United Parish
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
STAPLEFORD CHURCH LANE
SK 85 NE
3/78 Church of All Saints
Parish church. C11, C13, C14, 1770 restored 1903-4. Coursed rubble and brick
with ashlar dressings. Plain tile roofs. Chamfered plinth, ashlar quoins.
Brick coped gable with kneelers and dentilated eaves. Coursed rubble west tower,
with nave and chancel under single roof, rebuilt in brick 1770. Tower, west
front has doorway, segment brick head and plank door. Above a 2-light flat
headed C14 window with plaque over inscribed 'T W'?, then 3 heads from label
stops buried in masonary. Above again another C14 window with over 4 C13 polygonal
shafts buried in masonary. The north front has a single 2-light flush mullion
window. The. tower is topped by a pyramidal roof of 1904. The nave north wall
has 2 tall pointed windows in flush brick surrounds with wooden cross mullions.
The chancel north, east and south walls have each a single round headed window
with moulded ashlar surrounds, impost blocks and keystones, that to east has
lower half blocked. There is a round headed blocked doorway to south in a similar
surround. The south nave wall has 2 pointed windows similar to those on north,
each with 2 oval slate wall tablets to right. Interior has C11 pillar piscina
with zig-zag shaft. Chamfered pointed tower arch on earlier responds. C18
wooden altar rail. Plain C19 pews, pulpit and panel ceiling. Wooden screen,
choir stalls and reredos of 1904.
Listing NGR: SK8862357598
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings