This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6469 / 52°38'48"N
Longitude: -0.4763 / 0°28'34"W
OS Eastings: 503182
OS Northings: 306548
OS Grid: TF031065
Mapcode National: GBR FVZ.0D9
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.NQCQ
Plus Code: 9C4XJGWF+PF
Entry Name: St Martin's Guest House
Listing Date: 22 May 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1169212
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193693
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
1671 ST MARTIN'S
(St Martin's Guest House)
TF 0306 2/223 22.5.54.
Front elevation is late C18, but plaque to rear dated W over HS 1674. 2 storeys
and attics in ashlar, 3 cambered dormers. Moulded stone cornice and blocking
course. Stone band between storeys. 2 stone chimney stacks. Small stone plinth.
3 windows, double-hung sashes with glazing bars, ground floor windows of 3 lights,
all in plain reveals. Central door in Roman Doric, with fluted half-columns and
moulded pediment. Door of 4 panels under rectangular fanlight, 2 steps. 2 storey
extensions to left. One window on first floor in plain reveal, Band between storeys,
On ground floor, former door, now a window under semi-circular fanlight with keystone
is flanked by 2 windows divided by band, modern glazing, Plinth. Double pile rear
wing and C19 conservatory.
Nos 39 to 43 (consec),Garden Wall to No 43, No 44 Wall to No 44, Nos 45 to 70
(consec), Garden Wall to Nos 68 and 69 with Burghley Almshouses form a group.
Listing NGR: TF0318206548
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings