This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6467 / 52°38'48"N
Longitude: -0.4762 / 0°28'34"W
OS Eastings: 503192
OS Northings: 306533
OS Grid: TF031065
Mapcode National: GBR FVZ.0FG
Mapcode Global: WHGLX.NQFT
Plus Code: 9C4XJGWF+MG
Entry Name: 39-41, St Martin's
Listing Date: 22 May 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1360409
English Heritage Legacy ID: 193692
Location: Stamford, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, PE9
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Stamford
Built-Up Area: Stamford
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
1671 ST MARTIN'S
Nos 39 to 41 (consec)
TF 0306 2/222 22.5.54.
C17. 2 storeys and attic in cement-rendered stone. 4 canted bays of 3 storeys
with hipped roofs. 3 have 4-light mullioned and transomed windows to each storey;
the 4th, a larger bay, has an 8-light window. The entrance to No 40 is between
the 2nd and 3rd bay from the South end down 2 steps, with 6-panel door in moulded
stone surround and semi-circular hood on moulded brackets. No 41, at the North
end of the block, has a 6-panel door with glazed fanlight in a C19 Tudor porch
said to be from Corn Exchange of 1889, Broad Street, and South of the porch a small
2-light mullioned window, One semi-dormer. The door to No 39 is to the side with
C19 dripmould and 2 paired windows under dripmould with "Gothic" glazing. Rear
of No 39 is a C19 extension.
Nos 39 to 43 (consec), Garden Wall to no 43, No 44, Wall to No 44, Nos 45 to 70
(consec), Garden Wall to Nos 68 and 69 with Burghley Almshouses form a group.
Listing NGR: TF0319206533
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings