This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0523 / 52°3'8"N
Longitude: -1.7764 / 1°46'34"W
OS Eastings: 415430
OS Northings: 239352
OS Grid: SP154393
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.7QH
Mapcode Global: VHB13.5P81
Plus Code: 9C4W362F+WC
Entry Name: The Almonry
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1171770
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126113
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 CHURCH STREET
SP 1539 SW 9/64 25.8.60
Between 1612 and 1627. Part of Sir Baptist Hick's layout at Old Campden House.
Small 2½ storey roughly square building with strings over ground and first floors.
Ashlar-type rubble and Cotswold stone roof, finial to north gable. Tall ashlar
chimneys set diagonally and with panelled capping flanking north gable. Angled
stair turret with stair-light to south gable. Two and three light mullioned windows.
Tudor arch doorways to south and east.
Basement with hood mould to door in west side.
Listing NGR: SP1542939352
Other nearby listed buildings