History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn, About 20 Metres South East of Lundey Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Kingstone, Somerset

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.909 / 50°54'32"N

Longitude: -2.8702 / 2°52'12"W

OS Eastings: 338912

OS Northings: 112532

OS Grid: ST389125

Mapcode National: GBR MC.R0MY

Mapcode Global: FRA 46WP.TXS

Entry Name: Barn, About 20 Metres South East of Lundey Farmhouse

Listing Date: 18 February 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1177349

English Heritage Legacy ID: 264126

Location: Kingstone, South Somerset, Somerset, TA17

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

Civil Parish: Kingstone

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Church of England Parish: Kingstone

Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells

Find accommodation in
Ilminster

Listing Text

ST31SE KINGSTONE CP LUDNEY

4/42 Barn, about 20 metres south east
of Ludney Farmhouse

GV II

Barn. Circa 1833. Ham stone rubble; corrugated asbestos cement sheet roof, replacing thatch, with stepped coped east
gable having ball finial, hipped at west end. Six bays, collar trussed roof, partly damaged by fire in the late l960s:
pair of tall doors towards west end of north elevation, and two lean-to buildings against this side. In centre of south
elevation a horse-engine house, with conoid thatched roof, formerly with open curved south end, now blocked, although
the original structure survives inside.


Listing NGR: ST3891212532

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description

ST31SE KINGSTONE CP LUDNEY

4/42 Barn, about 20 metres south east
of Ludney Farmhouse

GV II

Barn. Circa 1833. Ham stone rubble; corrugated asbestos cement sheet roof, replacing thatch, with stepped coped east
gable having ball finial, hipped at west end. Six bays, collar trussed roof, partly damaged by fire in the late l960s:
pair of tall doors towards west end of north elevation, and two lean-to buildings against this side. In centre of south
elevation a horse-engine house, with conoid thatched roof, formerly with open curved south end, now blocked, although
the original structure survives inside.


Listing NGR: ST3891212532

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.