This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6777 / 51°40'39"N
Longitude: -0.9886 / 0°59'18"W
OS Eastings: 470027
OS Northings: 198143
OS Grid: SU700981
Mapcode National: GBR B1L.NWC
Mapcode Global: VHDVT.T376
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 3 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1182353
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248962
Location: Lewknor, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX9
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Lewknor
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: South Weston
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
LEWKNOR SOUTH WESTON
5/116 The Old Rectory
Rectory, now house. c.1820 re-modelling and extension of earlier C18 house.
Rendered; gabled Welsh slate roof; rendered end and internal stacks.
Double-depth plan. 2-storeys; symmetrical 7-window range. 2:3:2 range with
central canted bay. Pilasters to flat hood frame C20 door with Regency overlight
to left of bay: C20 French windows in entry right of bay. Early C19 sashes;
raised storey band to 2 left bays. Early C19 sashes to rear. Interior: early C19
doors and fireplaces. Plain staircase with stick balusters.
Listing NGR: SU7002798143
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings