This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.5774 / 53°34'38"N
Longitude: -1.7083 / 1°42'30"W
OS Eastings: 419408
OS Northings: 409015
OS Grid: SE194090
Mapcode National: GBR JWH2.YB
Mapcode Global: WHCBG.QBPV
Plus Code: 9C5WH7GR+XM
Entry Name: Lane Head House
Listing Date: 22 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1183840
English Heritage Legacy ID: 341170
Location: Kirkburton, Kirklees, HD8
Civil Parish: Kirkburton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Shepley St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 10 NE LANE HEAD ROAD
22/6/83 (Lane Head House)
Large house. Predominantly early C18 but retaining some earlier features.
Thinly coursed rubble and hammer dressed stone with quoins. Stone slate
roof with hollow chamfered gable copings on cut kneelers. Ashlar and
stone stacks with string and cornice. Two storeys. L-plan of different
builds with rear outshut to main range. The main range breaks forward
slightly and has good moulded doorway to left, with deep lintel with
raised letters: 'IF 1709'. Hood-mould over continues to right over
altered ground floor window. Two double chamfered windows to 1st floor,
with all mullions removed. Moulded eaves cornice. The projecting wing
at 90°, to left, has slightly projecting part to right with part blocked
doorway with deep lintel dated 1597, to left is wide, part blocked doorway
with chamfered surround. Part blocked loading door to 1st floor,
probably C19. To rear of main range is outshut with 2, 3, and 4-light
double chamfered windows and good chamfered doorway to right. To the
right of the outshut is 3-light double chamfered window with early glazing,
and to 1st floor, one 6-light double chamfered window with king mullion.
The right gable apex has two oval windows in stone surround, and also
one to right side of outshut.
Interior not inspected.
Joseph Firth of Holroyd established a Friends Meeting here in 1695.
Listing NGR: SE1940809015
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings