This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5208 / 51°31'14"N
Longitude: -1.8023 / 1°48'8"W
OS Eastings: 413815
OS Northings: 180222
OS Grid: SU138802
Mapcode National: GBR 4VT.M5L
Mapcode Global: VHB3S.Q12J
Plus Code: 9C3WG5CX+83
Entry Name: Ivery House
Listing Date: 26 January 1955
Last Amended: 20 September 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1185613
English Heritage Legacy ID: 318607
Location: Wroughton, Swindon, SN4
Civil Parish: Wroughton
Built-Up Area: Wroughton
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Wroughton
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
5410 WROUGHTON CHURCH HILL
(formerly listed as
SU 1380 22/525 26.1.55
Datestone 1727 but altered considerably in early and mid C19 and recently.
Garden front: 2 1/2 storeys pebbledash over brick. Stone tile roof. Brick
chimneys, 1 grooved. Band over ground floor. Three bays, outer gabled (to
right hand gable is datestone "TS 1727"; Thomas Saddler was vicar 1716-55).
In centre wide 3 light angled bay. The windows glazing bar sashes. Door
half-glazed to right, reeded lower panels and lean-to slated porch with moulded
wood trellis work and scallop eaves; trellis extended to form porch entrance
from the street. Extension to South. Road (North) front has remains of moulded
wooden eaves board and later C18 brickwork. To West: ashlar dressings to
rubble front. Two storeys and blocking course, left hand part has band over
ground floor. Two storey angled bay to left, 2 window range to right, brick
infil with oriel. Rubble gable end with external stone chimney.
Listing NGR: SU1381580222
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings