History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lodge at Entrance to Kennington Park

A Grade II* Listed Building in Lambeth, Lambeth

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 51.4844 / 51°29'3"N

Longitude: -0.1095 / 0°6'34"W

OS Eastings: 531362

OS Northings: 177849

OS Grid: TQ313778

Mapcode National: GBR MQ.K2

Mapcode Global: VHGR0.1YYG

Plus Code: 9C3XFVMR+P5

Entry Name: Lodge at Entrance to Kennington Park

Listing Date: 8 September 1961

Last Amended: 27 March 1981

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1185790

English Heritage Legacy ID: 204332

Location: Oval, Lambeth, London, SE11

County: Lambeth

Electoral Ward/Division: Oval

Built-Up Area: Lambeth

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: Kennington Park St Agnes

Church of England Diocese: Southwark

Find accommodation in


1. (east side)
Lodge at entrance to
Kennington Park
(formerly listed as
Prince Albert Cottages)
TQ 3177 8/512 8.9.61


1851 with alterations of 1898. Designed by H Roberts for Prince Albert to display
working class housing at the 1851 Exhibition. Two storeys, 3 bays to road, central
bay holding staircase. Stock brick with red brick bands and dressing including
gauged brick window arches on ground floor. Stone lintels above. To minimise
fire risk no wood is used in main structure. Brick vaulted ceilings, hollow tile
internal walls, slate stairs and paved and concrete floors.

Listing NGR: TQ3136277849

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.