This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.8514 / 51°51'4"N
Longitude: -2.5162 / 2°30'58"W
OS Eastings: 364543
OS Northings: 217102
OS Grid: SO645171
Mapcode National: GBR FV.TGH5
Mapcode Global: VH86R.BQNL
Plus Code: 9C3VVF2M+HG
Entry Name: United Reformed Church
Listing Date: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1186469
English Heritage Legacy ID: 354110
Location: Drybrook, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, GL17
District: Forest of Dean
Civil Parish: Drybrook
Built-Up Area: Drybrook
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Drybrook
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 61 NW DRYBROOK DRYBROOK ROAD
5/40 United Reformed Church
Former Congregational Chapel, now U.R.C. Church. Datestone
'Rehoboth, Congregational Church, built 1858, enlarged 1872'.
Well squared stone with ashlar dressings to front; rear sides
roughly squared rubble, more or less coursed, with ashlar
dressings; rear extension brick, English bond; slate roof.
Galleried T-plan chapel with wide rear extension, built up slope
from road. Stem of T projects to road, gabled, with Tuscan
pilasters at corners; moulded gable parapet, returned at foot as
cornice to pilasters; acroterion on gable apex. In gable 3 round-
headed windows, centre one set higher than side, with below in
centre datestone and a square window. Ovolo moulding; cornice to
pilaster forms springing to side window heads; lower sills extended
as plain string course. Cast iron frames, with marginal lights.
Original panelled door in left return. Top of T has 1 round-headed
window each side, plain arris, projecting keystone; plain gable
copings with projecting kneelers.
Internally 3 galleries, with organ gallery in centre of back
extension. Gallery fronts part cast iron, part timber, pulpit
front cast iron. Walls at low level faced vertical boarding; lower
pews panelled ends with low doors; alternate ones have holes in
bookrests for individual communion cups. Cross piece of T is 1858
chapel, stem and probably rear extension 1872.
Listing NGR: SO6454317102
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings