This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.443 / 52°26'34"N
Longitude: -2.4833 / 2°28'59"W
OS Eastings: 367247
OS Northings: 282886
OS Grid: SO672828
Mapcode National: GBR BW.M9BZ
Mapcode Global: VH83V.XV1L
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 9 March 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1189978
English Heritage Legacy ID: 254955
Location: Stottesdon, Shropshire, DY14
Civil Parish: Stottesdon
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Stottesdon
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
823/31/14 CHURCH OF ST MARY
The tower is late C11, masking earlier west doorway with remarkable lintel
and tympanum, early C11 or possibly pre-Conquest. North arcade circa
1180. Chancel and most of the remainder circa 1330. Good C14 window tracery,
especially in east wall of chancel. Small south window with fragments
of medieval glass. Splendid richly carved font circa 1160. Pulpit C17.
One of the best churches in the area.
Listing NGR: SO6724282882
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings