History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Pule Hill Hall and adjoining building to left

A Grade II Listed Building in Thurgoland, Barnsley

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.5124 / 53°30'44"N

Longitude: -1.5689 / 1°34'8"W

OS Eastings: 428684

OS Northings: 401828

OS Grid: SE286018

Mapcode National: GBR KWHT.4N

Mapcode Global: WHCBQ.WZ27

Plus Code: 9C5WGC6J+WC

Entry Name: Pule Hill Hall and adjoining building to left

Listing Date: 18 March 1968

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1192182

English Heritage Legacy ID: 334120

Location: Thurgoland, Barnsley, S35

County: Barnsley

Civil Parish: Thurgoland

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Thurgoland Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Sheffield

Find accommodation in
Penistone

Description

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 1 November 2021 to reformat text to current standards

SE20SE
4/88

THURGOLAND
RAG LANE (north side, off)
Pule Hill Hall and adjoining building to left

18th March 1968

II

House and adjoining cottage. Probably late C18, altered, restored late C20; cottage dated 1671, with C18 alterations. Rendered rear, coursed dressed stone to garden front. Concrete tile roof, stone slates to cottage. Two storeys. Each of three bays.

House: garden front: central doorway, possibly altered, blocked openings to each side. Plaque with shield support and helm, and a three-light flat-faced mullion window to first floor (altered or reset). Square two-storey added bay to each side with large ground-floor windows and three-light window to first floor as before, possibly reset. Plain elevation to cottage. Concrete gable copings on cut kneelers. Brick end stacks. Rear: two bays of flat-faced mullion windows of three and two lights to left with inserted doorway between. Round-arched staircase window and a further two-light window to right.

Cottage, on left, has moulded doorway to right with inscribed lintel: "TA 1671" One three-light window with chamfered mullions to each floor. Other openings probably inserted, except a two-light double-chamfered window (mullion removed) to first floor left. Central rendered stack.

Listing NGR: SE2868401828

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.