This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8291 / 51°49'44"N
Longitude: -1.1999 / 1°11'59"W
OS Eastings: 455235
OS Northings: 214802
OS Grid: SP552148
Mapcode National: GBR 8Y7.9GR
Mapcode Global: VHCXH.5914
Plus Code: 9C3WRRH2+J3
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew, Churchyard Cross Approximately 6 Metres to West
Listing Date: 10 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193568
English Heritage Legacy ID: 243369
Location: Oddington, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX5
Civil Parish: Oddington
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oddington
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
7/127 Church of St. Andrew,
churchyard cross approx. 6m.
Churchyard cross. C14/C15, restored 1950. Limestone. Tapering octagonal shaft
rises from a square base, both with broach stops, standing on a 3-step plinth.
The upper half of the shaft is a restoration and carries a medieval head, of
unknown origin, in the form of a quatrefoil containing a figure of Christ
crucified, on one side, and on the other a Virgin and Child.
Listing NGR: SP5523514802
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings