This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.049 / 54°2'56"N
Longitude: -2.8047 / 2°48'16"W
OS Eastings: 347412
OS Northings: 461749
OS Grid: SD474617
Mapcode National: GBR 8PVM.L9
Mapcode Global: WH846.WHM9
Entry Name: 26, Castle Park
Listing Date: 18 February 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194945
English Heritage Legacy ID: 383089
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Lancaster
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Lancaster St Mary with St John and St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD4761NW CASTLE PARK
1685-1/6/57 (South side)
Former service wing to No.24 (qv), now part of the Storey
Institute, Meeting House Lane (qv). Early C19 with C20
alterations. Sandstone rubble with quoins. Hipped slate roof,
now without chimney stacks. Double-depth plan.
2 storeys and one bay, with the doorway on the left. All the
openings have raised plain surrounds. The first-floor windows
are paired and have 12-pane sashes. The left-hand return wall
has a window on each floor. That on the first floor is sashed
with glazing bars and has a blocked loading doorway to its
left close to the junction with the back entrance to the
Storey Institute (qv).
HISTORY: used as a drawing office by Paley and Austin
(Architects) when they occupied No.24 Castle Park (qv) from
c1870 until c1940.
Listing NGR: SD4741161742
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings