This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.561 / 51°33'39"N
Longitude: -1.7959 / 1°47'45"W
OS Eastings: 414247
OS Northings: 184696
OS Grid: SU142846
Mapcode National: GBR YP1.JS
Mapcode Global: VHB3L.T1G5
Entry Name: St Mark's Vicarage
Listing Date: 17 February 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1198485
English Heritage Legacy ID: 318711
Location: Central Swindon South, Swindon, SN1
Electoral Ward/Division: Central
Built-Up Area: Swindon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Swindon New Town
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
SU 1484 NW SWINDON
5/51 St Mark's Vicarage
Vicarage, c1845 by Moffatt and Scott. Rock-faced snecked rubble
with ashlar quoins and dressings. Plain and interlocking C20 tile
roofs between raised parapets. Gable stacks with tall corniced
ashlar flue shafts. 2-storey, 2 bays with rear right extension and
flush right gabled crossing with 2-storey canted and hipped bay.
Mullioned and transomed windows with shouldered heads. Flush first
floor dormer to left, also with shouldered heads to 3-lights. C20
large flush window below.
Listing NGR: SU1424784696
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings