This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.9621 / 53°57'43"N
Longitude: -1.8855 / 1°53'7"W
OS Eastings: 407610
OS Northings: 451790
OS Grid: SE076517
Mapcode National: GBR HQ8M.LF
Mapcode Global: WHC8G.0NFX
Plus Code: 9C5WX467+VR
Entry Name: Friends' Meeting House
Listing Date: 10 September 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199556
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337775
Location: Addingham, Bradford, LS29
Civil Parish: Addingham
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Addingham St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE05SE ADDINGHAM C.P. BOLTON ROAD
(west side off)
2/45 Friends' Meeting
G V II*
Friends' Meeting House. Dated 1689. Thin coursed rubble, ashlar
dressings, stone slate roof. Domestic looking. Single storey, 3 bays.
Quoins. Doorway with composite jambs has segmental-arched lintel
bearing date set within a tressure, stop-chamfered surround. Double-
chamfered mullion windows. 3-light window to left, 4-light to right.
Coped gables with kneelers. Central stack with one other added to
Interior: single vessel with king-post truss braced to ridge with single
angle struts. East end retains original oak-panelled dais with settles
and rostrum with finely-turned balusters forming Elders' Gallery. Oak-
panelled settle and one other to north wall.
Built in the year of the Act of Toleration, and as such an important and
fairly complete survival of a Quaker Meeting House.
N. Pevsner, Yorkshire West Riding (London 1979), p195.
Listing NGR: SE0761051790
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings