This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5984 / 52°35'54"N
Longitude: -2.1642 / 2°9'51"W
OS Eastings: 388976
OS Northings: 300079
OS Grid: SJ889000
Mapcode National: GBR 14D.DY
Mapcode Global: WHBFR.QYMC
Entry Name: Rock House
Listing Date: 29 July 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201848
English Heritage Legacy ID: 378511
Location: Wolverhampton, WV6
County: City of Wolverhampton
Electoral Ward/Division: Tettenhall Wightwick
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Wolverhampton
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Tettenhall Regis
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SO8800 OLD HILL, Tettenhall
895-1/9/138 (North side)
Shown on O.S. map as No.13.
House, now office; rear range used as Catholic church 1931-65.
1750s. Brick with ashlar dressings; hipped tile roof with
brick stacks. Double- depth plan with single-storey rear wing.
3 storeys; symmetrical 5-window range. Centre breaks forward,
end pilasters; plinth, 1st floor sill band and top cornice.
Segmental-headed basement lights; ground and 1st floor windows
have rubbed brick flat arches and keystones, 15-pane sashes to
ground floor, 12-pane sashes to upper floors. Central entrance
has Gibbs surround, pediment and 6-panel door. Right return
has brick cornice; lateral stack on high plinth; rear gabled
wing has stack; single-storey has sashed windows and end
lean-to porch. INTERIOR not inspected, but reported as having
Listing NGR: SJ8897600079
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings