This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5839 / 52°35'2"N
Longitude: -2.1938 / 2°11'37"W
OS Eastings: 386968
OS Northings: 298475
OS Grid: SO869984
Mapcode National: GBR 19B.XX9
Mapcode Global: WHBFY.89LY
Plus Code: 9C4VHRM4+HF
Entry Name: Old Manor House to North of Wightwick Manor
Listing Date: 29 July 1950
Last Amended: 31 March 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201904
English Heritage Legacy ID: 378654
Location: Wolverhampton, WV6
Electoral Ward/Division: Tettenhall Wightwick
Built-Up Area: Wolverhampton
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Tettenhall Wood Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
WIGHTWICK BANK (West side)
Old Manor House to N of Wightwick Manor
(Formerly Listed as: WIGHTWICK BANK, Wightwick Old Manor House (including adjoining barn))
House, now bookshop and pottery. For Wightwick family; restored for Theodore Mander. Late C16 or early C17 with late C19 alterations. Roughcast with brick dressings; tile roof with brick stacks. Double-depth plan. 2 storeys with attic; 3-window range. 2-storey gabled porch to left; recessed gabled right end; quoins and coped gables; windows have brick mullions and transoms of 2 and 5 lights. Porch has panel with Wightwick arms over segmental arched entrance with recessed wide-boarded door. Returns and rear similar; some wooden-mullioned attic windows.
INTERIOR: re-used chamfered beams and some timber-framed interior walls. Restored as part of the setting of Wightwick Manor (q.v.).
(The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Staffordshire: London:1974-: P.311).
Listing NGR: SO8696898475
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings