This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.1353 / 54°8'7"N
Longitude: -0.7945 / 0°47'40"W
OS Eastings: 478861
OS Northings: 471722
OS Grid: SE788717
Mapcode National: GBR QNWM.SC
Mapcode Global: WHFBG.RBV4
Entry Name: Number 46 and Attached Outbuildings at Rear
Listing Date: 5 April 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1201940
English Heritage Legacy ID: 389490
Location: Malton, Ryedale, North Yorkshire, YO17
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Malton
Built-Up Area: Malton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: New Malton St Michael
Church of England Diocese: York
SE780715 OLD MALTONGATE
801-1/8/109 (South side)
and attached outbuildings at rear
Iron foundry, altered later to garage. Mid C19, with early C20
alteration. For James Booth. Pink and cream mottled brick in
English garden wall bond, with stepped eaves course; brick
stack to pantile roof, hipped at corner. L-shaped plan on
corner site. 2-storey 3-bay front between plain pilasters.
Half-glazed and panelled double doors with overlight in canted
corner bay. Bay to left has segment-headed shop window of 4
round-arched lights on colonettes with inverted bell caps. Bay
to right altered to accommodate boarded garage doors.
First-floor windows are 16-pane sashes with painted stone
sills in left and right bays; window opening in corner bay
blocked. Ground-floor openings have painted cambered arches
with triple keyblocks. First-floor arches are flat, with
triple keyblocks. Unoccupied at time of review (1990).
Listing NGR: SE7886171722
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings