History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Annex to Church of St Jude the Apostle and Attached Railings

A Grade II Listed Building in Bristol, Bristol

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.4576 / 51°27'27"N

Longitude: -2.5798 / 2°34'47"W

OS Eastings: 359809

OS Northings: 173337

OS Grid: ST598733

Mapcode National: GBR CCJ.GB

Mapcode Global: VH88N.7MHH

Entry Name: Annex to Church of St Jude the Apostle and Attached Railings

Listing Date: 30 December 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1202351

English Heritage Legacy ID: 379937

Location: Bristol, BS2

County: Bristol

Electoral Ward/Division: Lawrence Hill

Built-Up Area: Bristol

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bristol

Church of England Parish: Easton Holy Trinity with St Gabriel and St Lawrence and St Jude

Church of England Diocese: Bristol

Find accommodation in
Bristol

Listing Text


BRISTOL

ST5973SE LAMB STREET, Old Market
901-1/12/1628 (South East side)
Annex to Church of St Jude the
Apostle and attached railings

GV II

School, now offices. c1850. Pennant rubble with limestone
dressings, moulded ashlar lateral stack and concrete tile
half-hipped roof. L-shaped single-depth plan. Gothic Revival
style. 2 storeys; 5-window range.
A gabled block has a right-hand wing with splayed corners at
the end; parapeted left-hand entrance block has a
pointed-arched doorway with columns and bell capitals, a hood
with head stops and good strap hinges to the door, below
paired lancets; the coped gable has a 3-light ground-floor
mullion and transom window with plate glass, below a 2-centred
arched window with plate tracery, 3 lights with trefoil heads
and a central quatrefoil. The right-hand wing has 3 windows
with shouldered lintels on the ground floor and pointed heads
on the first floor; the hipped end has a central arched
doorway and windows as on the road front. The tall chimney in
the rear angle has 4 linked octagonal stacks. INTERIOR not
inspected.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached railings and piers to right-hand
corner. Built as an annex to the Church of St Jude, Bragg's
Lane (qv), 1848-9, by SB Gabriel.


Listing NGR: ST5980973337

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.