This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4557 / 51°27'20"N
Longitude: -2.5824 / 2°34'56"W
OS Eastings: 359628
OS Northings: 173124
OS Grid: ST596731
Mapcode National: GBR CBK.W1
Mapcode Global: VH88N.6N4Y
Plus Code: 9C3VFC49+72
Entry Name: Number 69 and Attached Area Railings
Listing Date: 7 August 1972
Last Amended: 30 December 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1202398
English Heritage Legacy ID: 380062
Location: Bristol, BS2
County: City of Bristol
Electoral Ward/Division: Lawrence Hill
Built-Up Area: Bristol
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bristol
Church of England Parish: Bristol St Philip and St Jacob with Emmanuel
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
ST5973SE OLD MARKET STREET, Old Market
901-1/12/1653 (South side)
and attached area railings
(Formerly Listed as:
OLD MARKET STREET
Nos.68, 69 AND 70
(The Three Horseshoes Public House))
House, now shop. Mid C18 refronting of earlier house. Brick
with render, limestone dressings and a pantile hip roof.
Double-depth plan. Mid Georgian style.
3 storeys and basement; 3-window range. Rusticated pilasters
to a deep moulded parapet coping. Right-hand doorway has
broad, curved, fluted brackets to a moulded canopy, fanlight
and 6-panel door, and a central mid C20 plate-glass shop
front; flat brick arches with ashlar keys to plate-glass
sashes in flush boxes, and a small hipped dormer.
INTERIOR: noted as having mid C18 panelling, mid C18 panelled
doors in moulded architraves, moulded cornicing, chimneypieces
and china cupboards; vestibule with key and impost blocks to
rear stair hall which has dogleg staircase with turned
balusters; shell niche and bracketed fluted pilasters to mid
C19 lavabo; roof not seen.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: spear-headed front area railings with a
2-leaf gate in the middle to a basement hatch, and to the
right of the doorway.
Listing NGR: ST5962873124
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings