This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.075 / 51°4'29"N
Longitude: 1.1654 / 1°9'55"E
OS Eastings: 621837
OS Northings: 135396
OS Grid: TR218353
Mapcode National: GBR W21.FH2
Mapcode Global: FRA F6B8.V5F
Entry Name: The Manor House
Listing Date: 11 March 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1203900
English Heritage Legacy ID: 175388
Location: Folkestone, Shepway, Kent, CT20
Civil Parish: Folkestone
Built-Up Area: Folkestone
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5281 THE LEAS
The Manor House
TR 23 NW 10/201
Circa 1900. Built for the Earl of Radnor. 2 storeys attics and basement red
brick. Green slate roof. Right side Scottish baronial turret with conical
roof, Central gable with bargeboards and pendant. 2 pedimented gables.
Irregular mullioned and transomed windows and porch approached up a flight of stairs with 4 round-headed arches ant Tuscan columns. The rear elevation has
an attic storey which pendant applied timber framing with plaster infill.
2 projecting gables with pendant and finial. 1 gablet and 1 3-light
pedimented gable. Right side crow-stepped gable. Left side gable has a 2
storey projecting bay with balustrading above. 5 mullioned and transomed casements in all. Left side conservatory.
Listing NGR: TR2183735396
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings