History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Block at Blankney Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Blankney, Lincolnshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1263 / 53°7'34"N

Longitude: -0.4046 / 0°24'16"W

OS Eastings: 506852

OS Northings: 359979

OS Grid: TF068599

Mapcode National: GBR GQL.0JH

Mapcode Global: WHGJM.RPJ5

Entry Name: Stable Block at Blankney Hall

Listing Date: 12 October 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1205446

English Heritage Legacy ID: 358277

Location: Blankney, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN4

County: Lincolnshire

Civil Parish: Blankney

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Blankney St Oswald

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Metheringham

Listing Text

BLANKNEY MAIN STREET
TF 0660 and TF 05 NE (east side)

7/6 and 5/6
Stable Block at Blankney
Hall
-
- II

Stable block. 1825 by E J Wilson for Henry Chaplin. Limestone ashlar,
with C20 hipped slate roof, and various white brick stacks. Ashlar plinth, first floor band
and moulded eaves cornice. Quadrangular plan. 1 1/2 storey. North, outer front has
slightly projecting, central, pedimented archway, with impost band and keystone,
C20 iron gates, and topped by square moulded bellcote. To either side, 5 bays with
single glazing bar sashes in the inner bays, all the remaining bays are blind.
Above, to either side, 5 small glazing bar sashes. South, inner front has an
identical archway with to either side 3 bays, with a central glazing bar sash,
flanked by plank doors with glazing bar overlights, and above 3 smaller glazing
bar sashes. The 4 bay, east and west ranges have a plank door with glazing bar
overlight, then a glazing bar sash, then a stable door with similar overlight and
another similar sash. Above, 4 smaller similar sashes. To the south of the east
range is a single storey wing, with a plank door and a glazing bar sash, this wing
continues as the south range, with 2 stable doors, then 2 segment headed carriage
arches, with double plank doors and plain ashlar surrounds, and finally a small
plank door.


Listing NGR: TF0685259979

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.