This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1938 / 52°11'37"N
Longitude: -1.7084 / 1°42'30"W
OS Eastings: 420027
OS Northings: 255103
OS Grid: SP200551
Mapcode National: GBR 4LT.DWN
Mapcode Global: VHBY0.B4P1
Plus Code: 9C4W57VR+GJ
Entry Name: 43, Henley Street
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1205510
English Heritage Legacy ID: 366275
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37
Civil Parish: Stratford-upon-Avon
Built-Up Area: Stratford-upon-Avon
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Stratford on Avon Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
SP2055SW HENLEY STREET
604-1/8/110 (South West side)
Formerly known as: Coach and Horses Inn HENLEY STREET.
Formerly known as: Duke of Wellington Inn HENLEY STREET.
Inn now coffee shop. Earlier C19 with earlier origins, refaced
in 1840. Brick with buff headers and stucco dressings; slate
to front of roof with steeper tile to rear, with brick end
stacks. Georgian style. 3 storeys; symmetrical 2-window range.
Plain eaves. Entrance has moulded framing with side lights and
half-glazed door with small-paned glazing; pentice with deep
fascia extends over flanking canted bay windows with C20
casements. Windows to upper floors have sills, and rusticated
wedge lintels with keys over 16-pane sashes to 1st floor,
4/8-pane sashes to 2nd floor. Rear has 3 gabled wings, one
with timber-framed gable, 2 are C20. A building stood on this
site in 1618; the timbers at the back may have belonged to it.
(Bearman R: Stratford-upon-Avon: A History of its Streets and
Buildings: Nelson: 1988-: 37).
Listing NGR: SP2002755103
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings