This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.4617 / 50°27'42"N
Longitude: -3.5253 / 3°31'31"W
OS Eastings: 291830
OS Northings: 63544
OS Grid: SX918635
Mapcode National: GBR QV.XCW7
Mapcode Global: FRA 37HT.Y4S
Plus Code: 9C2RFF6F+MV
Entry Name: Lloyds Bank
Listing Date: 3 May 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1206870
English Heritage Legacy ID: 390876
Location: Torbay, TQ2
Electoral Ward/Division: Tormohun
Built-Up Area: Torquay
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Torquay St John
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX9163 VAUGHAN PARADE
885-1/17/297 (West side)
Bank. c1900. Fine sandstone ashlar on a local grey rock-faced
limestone plinth; roof concealed behind balustraded parapet.
PLAN: On an important corner site at the end of Vaughan
Parade, facing up Fleet Street. Banking hall to front (Fleet
Street) end, offices to rear.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. 3:1:3 bay front, the one-bay corner
canted; bays divided by giant Corinthian pilasters with
entablature with projecting moulded cornice on brackets with
dentil and egg and dart moulding. 3 tripartite windows to
banking hall with cornices on consoles and pediments over the
centre light, the corner window with segmental pediment.
Tripartite pilastered first-floor windows above with sill
brackets, side lights of corner window blind. Centre bay of
elevation facing Fleet Street broken forward and rusticated;
doorcase with stone hood on moulded brackets below segmental
pediment. Similar rusticated bay to centre of Vaughan Parade
elevation; small windows with moulded architraves to narrow
left-hand bay in Vaughan Parade.
Palk Street elevation in a similar style. All windows glazed
with 2-pane sashes with margin panes.
INTERIOR: Banking hall with coffered plaster ceiling.
HISTORY: Previously the site of the Torquay Bank, taken over
by Lloyds in 1900.
Listing NGR: SX9183063544
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings