This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2107 / 51°12'38"N
Longitude: -3.481 / 3°28'51"W
OS Eastings: 296642
OS Northings: 146768
OS Grid: SS966467
Mapcode National: GBR LJ.3V8Z
Mapcode Global: VH5JY.MT2Q
Plus Code: 9C3R6G69+7H
Entry Name: Nos 8 and 10 and Attached Wall
Listing Date: 4 July 1952
Last Amended: 30 September 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1206972
English Heritage Legacy ID: 391155
Location: Minehead, Somerset West and Taunton, Somerset, TA24
Civil Parish: Minehead
Built-Up Area: Minehead
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
SS9646 CHURCH STEPS
900-1/3/20 (North side)
04/07/52 Nos.8 AND 10
and attached wall
(Formerly Listed as:
Nos.8 AND 10)
2 attached houses. C16, made into 2 houses in C18/19 and C20.
Painted render over rubblestone; thatched roof with brick
stacks to left gable end and to plain-tiled lean-to to the
right (No.8); painted coursed rubblestone; lateral stack to
No.8 which has a brick shaft and small fire-window to the
right return. 3-unit plan on a sloping site with a stair
turret to rear right and a lateral stack to the front right.
2 storeys; 3-window range. C20 casement windows of 2- and
3-lights, 2 to the left in half-dormers. To the
left-of-centre, No.10 has a C20 door and a hipped thatched
porch. The C20 door to No.8 is in a rubblestone lean-to
single-storey extension. The rear, in St Michael's Road, is
blank with a stair turret to No.8.
INTERIOR: No.10: the first and ground floors are altered. 2
solid rubblestone walls in the roof space indicate that the
party wall was formerly to the right. A single massive pegged
truss (tie beam not seen) to the right of the door (over No.8)
has a trenched purlin to the rear and wheat-straw thatch.
Interior of No.8 not inspected but said to have an open
fireplace, exposed beams and a newel stair.
SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: a high rubblestone wall attached to the
right extends for approx 30m.
Listing NGR: SS9664246768
Other nearby listed buildings