This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.0483 / 54°2'54"N
Longitude: -2.8027 / 2°48'9"W
OS Eastings: 347539
OS Northings: 461672
OS Grid: SD475616
Mapcode National: GBR 8PWM.0J
Mapcode Global: WH846.XHKT
Entry Name: 7, King Street
Listing Date: 9 July 1974
Last Amended: 13 March 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1210961
English Heritage Legacy ID: 383171
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Lancaster
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Lancaster St Mary with St John and St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD4761NE KING STREET
1685-1/7/137 (East side)
(Formerly Listed as:
Formerly known as: No.9 KING STREET.
House or shop, now office. Early C19, with C20 alterations.
Coursed squared sandstone with slate roof. 3 storeys and 2
bays. The left-hand bay contains a waggon entrance to Bashful
Alley with a deep stone lintel. Immediately to its right is a
doorway with plain stone surround. The windows have similar
surrounds. The ground-floor window has been enlarged by
lowering its sill and has a C20 fixed frame with glazing bars.
The 1st-floor windows are glazing bar sashes. The shallow 2nd
floor windows have fixed lights with glazing bars.
Listing NGR: SD4753961672
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings