This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9727 / 51°58'21"N
Longitude: -1.0679 / 1°4'4"W
OS Eastings: 464122
OS Northings: 230878
OS Grid: SP641308
Mapcode National: GBR 9Y0.6TR
Mapcode Global: VHCWS.FPS3
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 25 September 1951
Last Amended: 21 April 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1211370
English Heritage Legacy ID: 395849
Location: Barton Hartshorn, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Barton Hartshorn
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Barton Hartshorn
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 63 SW BARTON HARTSHORN
4/4 Manor House
(formerly listed as
Country house. 1635, much extended 1903 and 1908 by R Lorimer. Rubble
stone with ashlar dressings, plain tile roofs and red brick chimney-stacks.
Original block at NW corner cross-gabled, 2 storeys and attic, dated 1635
TL on plaque, moulded ironstone mullion windows, 4-light to ground and
first floors, 3-light to basement and attic on W. front. Extended to west
C20 with balancing gable and centre section with attic dormer gable. Long
range to north. C20, 2 storeys with attic dormers. Windows in both sections
have leaded lights in flush Bath stone surrounds with chamfered mullions.
N. range has 2-storeyed projecting porch with carved armorial panel and
coped shouldered gable. Marching service wing at N. end.
Listing NGR: SP6412230878
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings