This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.077 / 52°4'37"N
Longitude: -0.7937 / 0°47'37"W
OS Eastings: 482768
OS Northings: 242753
OS Grid: SP827427
Mapcode National: GBR CZN.Q5C
Mapcode Global: VHDT0.6284
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 17 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1212152
English Heritage Legacy ID: 351002
Location: Haversham-cum-Little Linford, Milton Keynes, MK19
County: Milton Keynes
Civil Parish: Haversham-cum-Little Linford
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Haversham with Little Linford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 84 SW HAVERSHAM CUM LITTLE HIGH STREET
7/97 Parish Church of St. Mary
Parish Church. C12 nave, late C12 tower. C13 chancel rebuilt, south
aisle C14, but enlarged circa 1340. North aisle of C13 enlarged c1360.
C14 south porch. Nave clerestory C15. Coursed rubblestone with limestone
dressings lead roofs except to south porch which has old tile roof.
2 bay chanel with curvilinear decorated 3-light east window, other chancel
windows 2-light, south ones with square heads. South east chapel has
C17 straight mullion square head east window. Flowing decorated aisle
windows. 2-light square headed clerestory windows to 3 bay nave. Norman
west window with chevron outer order on columns with volute capitals.
Tower has 2-light openings within round arch, battlemented parapet.
South porch has small east trefoiled window. Interior: Chancel arch of
chamfered orders, c1325. South nave arcade of 2 chamfered orders,
octagonal piers and moulded capitals. East respond has knot corbel.
North nave arcade c1360 as south but with moulded label and head
stops. Piscina and aumbry in chancel. In south chapel piscina with
trefoiled ogee heads. C14. 2 niches in nave east wall. North aisle
benches, C16 with cut poppy heads to bench ends. Stained glass. South
aisle, west end window and chancel north side, west window 1496, figures
including St. John Baptist. In south chapel east window fragments of
figures and cross, C15. East window by J.T. Micklethwaite circa 1890.
Brasses. Alice Payn 1427 and John Maunsell, 1605, a skeleton, in chancel.
Monuments: In chancel north wall canopied alter tomb of c1390. Alabaster
effigy of a lady, chest has south side divided into 6 trefoiled panels
with carved spandrels. Angel with tablets and its centre 2 panels, men
incivilian dress. Stone recess has openwork cusping and ogee gable.
[RCHM II 143 MON 1]
Listing NGR: SP8276642751
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings