This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.7944 / 50°47'39"N
Longitude: -2.7059 / 2°42'21"W
OS Eastings: 350342
OS Northings: 99659
OS Grid: SY503996
Mapcode National: GBR ML.Z684
Mapcode Global: FRA 566Z.ZK4
Plus Code: 9C2VQ7VV+PJ
Entry Name: Church of All Saints Attached to Mapperton House
Listing Date: 11 November 1966
Last Amended: 31 July 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1215496
English Heritage Legacy ID: 400734
Location: Mapperton, Dorset, DT8
Civil Parish: Mapperton
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Melplash and Mapperton Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SY 59 NW MAPPERTON MAPPERTON
11-11-1966 Church of All Saints attached
to Mapperton House (formerly
listed as Church of St Mary)
Attached Church. c. C12 chancel. Truncated C15 west tower. 1704,
nave rebuilt. 1846 south porch. 1908 vestry restored. Ashlar and
rubble stone walls. Concrete tile roof. Tower and north side of
nave is buttressed. Block west door with moulding returned over.
Tower now under a continuation of the nave roof. Chancel, walls
perhaps C12 (R.C.H.M.), east wall rebuilt. East window has a renewed
head of 1846. Doorway in north-wall connects directly with house.
Nave, rebuilt by Richard Brodrepp in 1704. Three windows in both
north and south walls, of two round-headed lights in a square head.
Reset C13 south doorway. North doorway of nave, block, C18, with a
classical stone architrave. Interior: Roofs, plastered and of pointed
barrel-vault shape. Chancel-arch, 1704, two-centred and chamfered.
Tower- arch is uniform with this. Communion rails: with turned
balusters, plain rails and central gate, c.1704. Glass: C16 roundels,
English and Continental, in all windows of the nave, see R.C.H.M.
reference. Wall-monument, chancel, to Richard Brodrepp, 1737 and
his children George and Etheldred, with busts and shields of arms, by
P. Scheemakers. Font, in vestry, cylindrical bowl, upper part plain,
lower part scalloped, Cl2.
Source: R.C.H.M. Dorset I, p 154 (1).
Listing NGR: SY5034399658
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings