This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5698 / 51°34'11"N
Longitude: -0.7825 / 0°46'57"W
OS Eastings: 484477
OS Northings: 186355
OS Grid: SU844863
Mapcode National: GBR D5W.F0T
Mapcode Global: VHDWB.DT50
Plus Code: 9C3XH698+WX
Entry Name: Western House
Listing Date: 16 July 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1216983
English Heritage Legacy ID: 411705
Location: Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7
Civil Parish: Marlow
Built-Up Area: Marlow
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Great Marlow with Marlow Bottom, Little Marlow and Bisham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
(South East Side)
SU 8486 2/74 16.7.49.
Date 1699. 2 storeys and attic. Chequer brick. Heavy wood modillioned
cornice. Hipped old tile roof. Moulded brick string at 1st floor level.
2 gabled dormers with cornices. 3 bay front. Door to left hand with
rectangular fanlight under richly carved shell hood, with angel device,
on carved scroll brackets. 2 storey service wing projects at right
angles on left hand. The house of Charles Fowler, the architect, from
1852 to 1867,
Listing NGR: SU8447786355
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings