This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.6054 / 50°36'19"N
Longitude: -4.3185 / 4°19'6"W
OS Eastings: 236037
OS Northings: 80975
OS Grid: SX360809
Mapcode National: GBR NN.C6KM
Mapcode Global: FRA 17VG.MDK
Entry Name: Hexworthy
Listing Date: 11 May 1989
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1219191
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68402
Location: Lawhitton Rural, Cornwall, PL15
Civil Parish: Lawhitton Rural
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Lawhitton
Church of England Diocese: Truro
LAWHITTON RURAL A.384
SX 38 SE
House now divided. Circa 1700 remodelling of C17 building; later additions and
alterations. Roughly coursed slate-stone, rendered with rusticated quoins to front
(right gable end of main range is slate-hung), painted to rear on ground floor
with slate hanging to first floor; slate roofs. In 3 sections, right incorporating
part of C17 building. 2 storeys with attic to main range. This has 5-window front;
horned 2-paned sashes with labels including to former central doorway. Central
pedimented gable has oeil-de-boeuf with hoodmould flanked by hip-roofed dormers
with glazing bar sashes in roof slope. Integral end stack to left and prominent
slate-hung integral lateral stack to rear on right. Right section has two 2-paned
horned sashes on each floor, those on first floor directly below eaves and those
to ground floor with projecting keystones. Tall integral rubblestone end stack.
Low left range has pyramidal-capped louvred square belfry to left gable end. Rear:
Slate-hung gabled staircase projection at right angles to left of right range has
Victorian staircase window. Main range has 3 glazing bar sashes on first floor.
Ground floor has 16-paned glazing bar sash to left and central C19 half-glazed
door with margin lights and rectangular barred overlight with narrow casement
immediately to left; tripartite glazing bar sash to right. C19 single-storey
service ranges with Gothic casements, attached to rear of left range, have attached
wall with 4-centred granite arch leading to courtyard, superscribed "1656" to
spandrels. Interior: Main range has early C18 open-well staircase with barleysugar
balusters to open string, square newels and moulded handrail. Plaster cornices
and dado panelling to large front rooms. Panelled window shutters throughout.
Roof space of right range has curved principals below raising of eaves.
Listing NGR: SX3603780975
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings