This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4819 / 52°28'54"N
Longitude: -1.9034 / 1°54'12"W
OS Eastings: 406658
OS Northings: 287110
OS Grid: SP066871
Mapcode National: GBR 5Z8.M6
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.YWM8
Entry Name: 56, 58 and 60, Newhall Street B3
Listing Date: 21 January 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1219711
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217441
Location: Birmingham, B3
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Philip Birmingham
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
5104 (south-west side)
City Centre B3
Nos 56, 58 and 60
SF 0687 SE 29/34 21.1.70
Circa 1900. Pink brick and terracotta with a little red brick; slate roof.
Four storeys plus attic; 7 bays in the rhythm 3:1:3 with the 3s gabled. Ground
floor with central modern shop front and the entrance in little porches, wholly
of terracotta, carried up to first floor level and terminating in tent roofs.
Over the porch arches sumptuous scrollwork and a first moor 3-light window.
First floor with 5 central cross windows beneath brick and terracotta arches
and tympana. Second floor with 7 cross-windows similar to those below, but
the arches segmental. Third floor with a central oriel window and 2 groups
of 3 more flanked by blocked pilasters and tall narrow excellently carved
panels of figure sculpture. Eaves cornice and 2 gables, each with a tripartite
window and cartouohe in the apex. Between the gables a 3-light dormer casement
window. All windows with leaded lights. Interior of no interest.
Listing NGR: SP0665887110
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings