This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8081 / 51°48'29"N
Longitude: -1.6391 / 1°38'20"W
OS Eastings: 424976
OS Northings: 212229
OS Grid: SP249122
Mapcode National: GBR 5SW.LF7
Mapcode Global: VHBZS.JTT7
Plus Code: 9C3WR956+78
Entry Name: Eastern Extension to the Lamb Hotel
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1225304
English Heritage Legacy ID: 421559
Location: Burford, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX18
Civil Parish: Burford
Built-Up Area: Burford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Burford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
BURFORD AND UPTON SHEEP STREET
AND SIGNET (North side)
SP2412-2512 Eastern extension to
5/196 The Lamb Hotel
House, now part of hotel. c.1700. Coursed and dressed rubble, Cotswold
stone roof, ashlar end chimney to right. 2 storeys and attic. 2 hipped
dormers. 3 windows, chamfered 2-light mullioned type in raised surrounds.
Central doorway in raised surround with bracketed flat hood now window.
Interior has Tudor-arch fireplace on ground floor.
Listing NGR: SP2497612229
Other nearby listed buildings